Supporting SeeSaw as a school
SeeSaw offers a specialist service to schools to help staff understand how young people might react to a bereavement and develop strategies that can be used to support them in the classroom. We offer telephone support, school visits, staff support and resources. This service is available free of charge to all schools in Oxfordshire.
Although there is no charge made to schools for SeeSaw’s support, we are always very appreciative of any donations that are made in relation to support we have offered. Donations received will help us visit more schools and offer more children support.
If you would like to make a donation, you can do so by either sending us a cheque to the following address:
2 Merewood Avenue
Or by contacting us for our bank details via email email@example.com
Fundraise for SeeSaw
Another way schools are able to support SeeSaw is by fundraising for us. Fundraising is a fun activity to get the class, year group or whole school involved with. Here are a few ideas of the type of events you could hold:
- A bake-off and cake sale – Always a favourite! Throw on your aprons, get baking and hold a cake sale. Invite parents along to sample the goods and donate of course!
- Non-uniform day or wear something weird to school day – Make it even more fun by setting a theme – come dressed as your favourite superhero or Disney character. Or when Halloween is around the corner, come dressed in something scary!
- Christmas Jumper Day – Wear your Christmas jumper in December. You could give out a prize for the silliest jumper.
- Sponsored silence – Get your pupils involved in a sponsored hour (or more!) of silence. You could even make a forfeit for anyone who breaks the silence.
- Sports day – Include a parent and child challenge in your annual sports day and ask the parents to donate to enter.
- Name the… – Get your pupils to guess the name of the teddy, how many sweets are in the jar, the weight of the cake or gather everyone’s baby photos together and ask them to guess who each baby is.
- Quiz – Gather students into teams of 5 and hold a big quiz day. Make sure to include some fun rounds like a picture round, music round and a teacher question round.
- Fashion or talent show – Hold a fashion or talent contest for them to showcase their catwalk, singing, dancing, acting or magic skills. You could make it like a TV show, by nominating judges to pick the winners.
- Car wash – Hold a school car wash and charge each car for cleaning either the outside, inside or both! You could have a score board and a prize for the team that washes the most cars.
- Give something up – Encourage children to choose something to give up, such as sweets, fizzy drinks, computer games for a week or a month and encourage them to ask friends and family to sponsor them.
- Gunge the teacher – Set a target and when the pupils have reached the target, they get to gunge the teacher with slime or wet sponges.
- Swimathon – Challenge your students to swim a certain number of lengths as a relay team within a certain time. They can ask their friends and family for sponsorship. This can also be adapted for lots of other sports like running or cycling.
- Collection from carol services and nativity plays –Collect donations at your nativity play with one of our collection boxes, or organise a school carol service and ask for donations from each house that answers.
We’re here to help
Whatever you decide to do, we are here to help. If you need any help, not sure what to do or need some materials for your event, please get in touch.
Do make sure to update your social media with details of your event. A great way to raise the profile of your event is to create a Facebook event and invite everyone you know. You can post pictures on your social media and don’t forget to tag us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn so we can share it.
We have balloons, banners and collection tins that you can use to decorate your school. We also have downloadable resources (below) that you can use such as sponsorship forms, fundraising posters, sweepstake games and a handy A-Z guide of fundraising ideas.
We love to hear what our fundraisers are up to so please do get in touch by contacting our Community Fundraiser, Maddie Bain via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 07732 494381.
Thank you so much for your support.