All About SeeSaw
SeeSaw provides grief support for children, young people and their families in Oxfordshire. Through appropriate and timely support, SeeSaw can help to reduce the emotional, psychological and mental health consequences of bereavement. Young people are then able to face the future with hope.
- Telephone consultations to any parent or professional who is concerned about a bereaved child.
- Home visits to families to assess their needs and talk about ways in which SeeSaw might be able to help.
- Tailored individual support for children and young people when needed. This often involves one-to-one sessions with a support worker and takes place where the child is most comfortable – in their own home.
- Specialist support to families and professionals when a parent or sibling is dying.
- Family events and activity days which enable children, young people and their families to meet together in a fun and relaxed way.
- Information and training to school staff when they are supporting a bereaved child in the classroom or managing a death in the school community.
- Training, consultancy and resources to professionals working with bereaved children and young people.