Bereaved children and young people need the support and understanding of staff in school. Many of the skills needed to support grieving pupils are an extension of those you would use to support any vulnerable pupil.
Our training is tailored to meet the specific needs of your school.
We can offer generalised whole school training as part of a staff meeting or inset day, or we can meet with small groups or individual members of staff to talk about specific issues relating to bereaved pupils.
Some of the training sessions we could offer include:
- Pre-school children and bereavement
- Working with bereaved primary age children
- Teenagers and bereavement
- Bereavement and children with special needs. See Learning Disability Pack download
- Developing a school bereavement policy
- Supporting bereaved pupils in school download
- Managing a sudden death
- Schools and suicide
- Pastoral support around bereavement
All our training is delivered by our experienced staff and can be tailored to your needs.
You would also get to know us – the SeeSaw staff at the end of a phone for times when you need us for advice, support or consultation. Please call SeeSaw on 01865 744 768 to discuss your training needs. We can offer training in your school or in our training room in Oxford.