- Challenge events can offer a great incentive to get fitter and healthier.
- There are many events to take part in, from running and cycling events, to challenges that test your nerve such as firewalks, abseils and sky dives.
- By raising funds through sponsorship we can add Gift Aid on donations which contributes an extra £10,000 each year to SeeSaw.
- SeeSaw attends various community events taking place in Oxfordshire throughout the year
- As well as being an opportunity to generate additional funds, by having a presence at local events we are raising awareness about the work that we do with children and their families across the county
Further information about forthcoming events:
Sunday 22 October - Abingdon Marathon
SeeSaw has places available for experienced runners to take part in the prestigious Abingdon Marathon. Because this race is a championship qualifier participants need to be able to complete it in 5 hours or less. There is a £35 fee payable to SeeSaw to secure your place and we would ask runners to aim to raise at least £300 in sponsorship. A SeeSaw running vest will be provided.
Volunteers Needed: The Abingdon Marathon has supported SeeSaw for many years and in return for a generous donation we provide volunteers to man water-stations and help with marshalling. So if running isn't your thing then why not volunteer to help for a few hours at the event.
If you are interested in taking part or volunteering then please contact Lucy Wise, email@example.com
Saturday 11th November - Firewalk
Walking on fire has existed in some shape or form for several thousand years and is found right across the globe. Often used as rite of passage or ritual of commitment it is the ultimate test of faith. Firewalking shows us the vastness of our own human potential, shifting the energy of fear into the energy of growth. The bed of fire is usually between 8 and 12 feet in length, and the temperature of the embers can reach 1200o Fahrenheit.
Three local charities, namely Sobell House, The Maggie’s Centre and SeeSaw have teamed up to put on the Firewalk on Saturday 11th November 2017 at the Oxford Rugby Club, North Hinksey. Each charity is looking for 30 brave souls (or should that be soles?) to take part in this amazing event. There is a registration fee of £25 per person, and each charity has set a minimum sponsorship of £125.
The event will be led by a team of F.I.R.E. fully qualified instructors who will ensure that the event is safe for all taking part. Participants must take part in a 90 minute empowerment seminar and Firewalk instruction before the event – and will not be permitted to Firewalk unless they have attended the seminar. Because of the nature of this event participants must be over 18 years old.
So if you think you are brave enough to take part in this amazing event please contact Jane Elliott to raise money for SeeSaw on 01865 744768 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org